Exporting from Outlook:
- In outlook, click on File and Pick : Import and Export
- A pop up will open, click Export To a File and then press Next.
- Another pop up will open, click Microsoft Excel and then press Next.
- In the folder list, click the Contacts folder and then click Next.
- Type a name for the exported file and press Next.
- To add or remove fields to determine the way the contact information is saved in the new Excel worksheet, click Map Custom Fields or just press Finish
- Your CSV file will now be saved to the location you picked in step 5 and you will need to upload the file into iDashboard.
Importing to iDashboard:
- Go to Contacts.
- Click on Import on the left hand side menu.
- Browse for your CSV and press Upload
- Once the file is uploaded you will need to allocate the data.
(a) You can pick a controlling agent for all of the contacts, and you decide whether or not the contacts will only be visible to the allocated agent (see image below).
(b) You can now also pick whether or not to subscribe these contacts to any automatic compositions / subscriptions.
(c) Scroll down past the subscriptions and you will be asked to Map / Match the import fields into iDashboard. Once complete, press Confirm.
You will then be taken to screen that will tell you how many contacts will be imported and the estimated time. Click Start Import to begin.
- You will then see a msg advising that we are importing your contacts and that an email will be sent once complete.