Contacts that you are wishing to import into iDashboard must be saved in a csv (Comma Delimited) file. This can be done from an Excel file by going to File > Save As > select type csv.
iDashboard contact records must have (at minimum) a last name or Company name, and the data to upload can only contain fields that are available in the system being:
partner first name
partner last name
min car parks
max car parks
These should each be in a separate column in the file that is being imported. You can download a Template for your CSV Here.
*Requirement Category must be in a certain format for it to process successfully, the following are acceptable formats:
Once you have the file saved, here is what you do in iDashboard
- Go to Contacts.
- Click on Import on the left hand side menu.
- Browse for your CSV and press Upload
- Once the file is uploaded you will need to allocate the data.
(a) You can pick a controlling agent for all of the contacts, and you decide whether or not the contacts will only be visible to the allocated agent (see image below).
(b) You can now also pick whether or not to subscribe these contacts to any automatic compositions / subscriptions.
(c) Scroll down past the subscriptions and you will be asked to Map / Match the import fields into iDashboard. Once complete, press Confirm.
- You will then be taken to screen that will tell you how many contacts will be imported and the estimated time. Click Start Import to begin.
- You will then see a message advising that we are importing your contacts and that an email will be sent once complete.