Action Plans, sometimes known as trails, are effectively automated to-do lists that are triggered by events in your office. Action plans help you stay on top of day-to-day tasks and maintain a unified work effort amongst your team – ensuring no tasks or to-dos are forgotten along the way.
Integrated as a service in iDashboard, Action Plans can be setup every time a new listing or prospect comes into the picture and provide an automated check list complete with reminders. You can set up Action Plans for every single step of the real estate sales cycle – set up unlimited, customised action plans for customers or properties, customise trigger what triggers them and more. In iDashboard, your action plans are completely customisable to suit your personal needs.
- After you have logged in to iDashboard, click on the Admin Tab at the top of your screen.
- In the Menu on the left of the screen, click on Action Plans.
- You will be taken to the Action Plan Page where you can manage existing Action Plans as well as Add new ones.
- The first thing we need to do is give the Action plan a Name. For example, if you wanted to create a Action Plan that starts when you move a property to under contract, name it "Under Contract Plan." Remember to watch your spelling.
- You now need to set the Trigger for your Action plan. The action plan can be set to trigger on a Property or on a Contact in the system. If you choose Property, you will then need to set when the action plan is triggered.
- You can then add a description to your plan if you would like to provide more detail.
- Press Add Plan to create the action plan.
- Once you have click on Add you will need to add your activities to this plan, and these will be the tasks that need to happen in the office etc. You can assign tasks to an individual employee, an association, or to a Role. You can also set how many days after you would like this task to be complete. If you have got the document library and have uploaded some of your own documents, you can attach it to the task. To add another task, click on the little plus button and to delete a task, use the minus button.
- Once you have finished adding all of the tasks, press Update. You can add and delete activities from your Action Plan at any time.
For more information on Triggering an Action Plan on a Contact, please refer to this article.
For more information on Triggering an Action Plan on a Property, please refer to this article.